Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/05/2013

Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This review is long overdue since I have tried and loved the product for quite a while now. It is Vichy LiftActive Serum 10.

Promoted as a Youth Enhancing serum to boost the natural processes of the skin, LiftActive Serum 10 (S10 for short) targets women of 30+ age with wrinkle, firmness, radiance and pore concerns. Sounds like me!

The 10 powers that gives S10 its name:
- Fast acting
- Concentrated: 10% Rhamnose (a natural sugar extracted from silver beech) to rejuvenate the skin
- Moisturizing: up to 12 hours
- Anti-wrinkle
- Lifting effect
- Instant radiance
- Tighter pores
- Tested under dermatological supervision
- Sensitive skin: hypoallergenic, paraben-free
- Universal: all skin type, all ages.

Getting to the technical side of things (which I'm not good at), S10's anti aging performance comes from Rhamnose at high concentration (10%) and Derm Source technology to penetrate the skin in all its layers. The formula, enriched with Vichy Thermal Spa water, plumps, regenerates and sooths the skin .

Ingredients: Water, Rhamnose, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic acid, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide, etc.

Now the practical side of things, I'm more in my element here :)

First, the dropper and pump mechanism. The little white button at the top is actually to control the dropper connected to it underneath the cap. One pump is all you need for the whole face.

Then the texture and what it does: the serum is clear, with thicker gel-like consistency, and absorbs faster than you can say Abracadabra :) Seriously, it takes merely seconds to disappear, leaving my skin in the best condition it ever feels like - smooth, silky (like baby`s cheeks) and ready for the moisturizer and whatever makeup I put on after.

After a few weeks of using the serum twice a day (morning before makeup and night before bed) almost every day, I can definitely confirm a few of the 10 powers listed.

The fast acting, lifting and radiance effects, definitely. It also does well in terms of pore tightening and moisturizing, with the support of the moisturizer I pair it with. Anti wrinkle? The fine lines under my eyes are under control, also thanks to the skin care regimen I have which S10 is an important part of. And I did not see any side effects or breakouts as a result of it.

I definitely recommend S10 for those of you who have the same facial skin concerns as mine. The serum is now available in larger format (50ml vs. the original 30ml, which is always the size from serums in the market), retails $75 at Shoppers, Lawtons, etc. It is not a small price tag, but considering the size and how well it works on me, I am willing to spend the money. Of course, waiting for a sale wouldn't hurt :)

Check out the looks I did on the blog recently with S10 as one of the face products - Maybelline Dream & Whisper, L'Oreal Berry Persistent and Maybelline Vivids (pictured). That is love :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment