Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

2/21/2013

FOTD: L'Oreal Berry Persistent

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

A quick look featuring L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet shine stain in Berry Persistent.

Being the most pigmented shade among the ones I tried, Berry Persistent did not take much to cover my lips. Gradually along about five hours until dinner time, it wore off to a faint darker pink tint. I appreciate that, as I don't like the look of my lips having no colour at all.

Other products used on the face:
- Sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL cream SPF60
- Serum: Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10
- Moisturizer/ primer/ foundation: Marcelle BB cream in Medium to Dark
- Concealers: Garnier Skin Renew Anti dark circle roller and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer in Buff
- Blush: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink
- Brow liner: Avon Ultra Luxury brow liner in Dark Brown.

For the eyes:
- Eyeshadow base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
- Eyeshadows: Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette (the green side) and NYX single eyeshadow in Marrakesh
Haven't worn much green on the eyes lately. Love Marrakesh with its almost duochrome finish
- Eye liners: Sephora + Pantone Universe Foiled waterproof eyeliners in Gold and Purple
- Mascara: Yves Rocher Ultra Volume mascara in Black.

Can you tell why I am a fan of Color Tattoos? Bad to the Bronze is the most versatile base colour I have, next to Barely Branded. It works underneath almost any eyeshadow colours and looks good by itself too. Tough as Taupe and Fierce & Tangy offer a matte base when I need it.

Ink in Pink is awesome as a light wash of colour for your eyes and cheeks. It, together with Make Up Forever #5 Peach and #16 Pink Beige Aqua creams, make more appearance on my cheeks than on my lids lately.

Here's a side look to show off Inked in Pink as a blush. Powder blushes have been taking a back seat this season to me for sure. If I reach for one, it's only to set the cream blush :)

I am so happpy with drugstore makeup lately, awesome new products with good quality. It takes a lot not to just go to town with product displays at Shoppers and Lawtons (I haven't been to Walmart lately), even just for blogging purposes :) And the good news is brands show no sign of slowing down with product releases. And I can't say that I can complain about the number of sales/ promotions I came across in the last few weeks. My list of products to review does not get any shorter for some reason lol. Drugstore for the world!

Did you score any great products lately, drugstore or high end? Now if only Winners give us some awesome makeup at great deals, our world would be complete :) Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well you made me do it! Yah I am blaming you LOL I went and got Infinite Fuschia because I read your review late late last night. I had to stop and pick up a parcel today at SDM and walked by the Caresse Wet Shine Stains. I was going to wait for a sale but couldn't help myself. O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I made you shop without a sale :) I just posted the flyer deals, maybe grab some more with sale now, and you can totally blame me on that too lol

      Delete