Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/13/2016

Elf Glitter primer

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It has been a long time since I wear glitters on the eyes but I wondered if this Glitter primer from Elf would be great as an eyeshadow primer, so I bought it to test.

The claims say it has a lightweight liquid formula that absorbs quickly, infused with shea butter and jojoba to nourish the eye area, preps your eyelid for longer lasting and crease proof wear of glitter eyeshadows (loose or pressed).

Very basic tube packaging with a slanted plastic tip like in an old-school tubed gloss. I would prefer a sponge tip applicator, but since I will need a brush to blend the product out after, I don't mind it.

Instructions: Apply a thin coat to the eyelid, blend. Tap on glitter eyeshadows with a finger or brush while primer is still damp.

The texture (as shown below next to Maybelline Master Prime base in Prime & Matte for comparison) is interesting. It comes out of the tube like a runny lotion but turns slightly thicker as it dries and blends out clear. Sticky to the touch but the eyeshadows I put on top of it are still blendable.

And they stay on for good 7 hours, which is great on an average day. However, on a typical work day, I put my makeup on at 6am, so creasing starts after lunch time if I don't touch up. So if you anticipate a long day, don't use this product as a primer on your eyes :)

I also tried it under a few glittery eyeshadows and got similar result. No glitters ended up under the eyes through the day, so it held up.

Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellila) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, PVP, Glycerin, etc.

The tube has 0.4oz/ 11.5g of product, only costs $2 on Elf website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment