Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/27/2015

Sephora Jem&the Holograms lip set

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Not knowing anything about Jem & the Holograms, I had my eyes on the eyeshadow palette in the Sephora collection (inspired by the movie) just for the colourful look of it.

But the star of the show is actually this (LE) Truly Outrageous liquid lip set, and I am so glad I bought it the day it went live on the Canadian site.

The packaging is glam, with the signature JEM lightning bolt and hot pink glittery box, a little young for my taste but I am not complaining. The tubes are of decent quality but are quite small. Excuse my greediness wishing they were bigger, as they are that good!

The 5 liquid lipsticks in the set, from L-R: Fashion and Fame, Like a Dream, Music is Magic, To the Rescue and She's Got the Power.

The 3 in the middle are great on their own with completely full coverage, I could not have enough! Like a Dream is described as a mauve (supposed to be a dupe of Sephora Marvelous Mauve), Music is Magic a bright pink (dupe of KvD Backstage Bambi) and To the Rescue a berry, great for any time of year.

Fashion and Fame, with that gorgeous milky pink holographic look, is meant to be layered over the others in the set or other lipsticks/ liners. The effect is visible, fun to play around with.

She's Got the Power is a sheer blue-tinted purple, takes a few swipes for opacity. Not for daily wear, but I can pull it off with a pink or red lip liner underneath (you know my jam by now lol).

The 4 coloured liquid lipsticks feel so nice and light on, dry quickly to a matte finish (left: freshly applied, right: after a minute). They are not completely transfer resistant (leave some colour on a mug or finger) and need light touchup after a meal but I don't mind that.

I am also glad to see them fade gradually (from the inside of the lips out), no flaking/ crusting, not drying. I find these liquid lipsticks are similar to the Lustre Matte formula, with slightly better colour payoff and feel.

For the size (0.083oz/ 2.38ml each) being more than half of a Lustre Matte (0.14oz/ reg. $20), the set is quite reasonably priced at $31. Definitely recommend it!

8 comments:

  1. I grew up on Gem. It was my fave show. Oh how I used to sing along! I had their tape lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jem was before my time but these are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch it either, but can totally use this set lol

      Delete
  3. I grew up with Jem, she was my favourite, sadly the sephora collection really didn't speak to me. They do look like they swatch well.

    ReplyDelete