Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/03/2015

LA Girl Matte pigment glosses

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Happy long weekend to those who have a holiday today! I am thankful for some extra sleep today :)

Thought I should get this post up so you have time to catch the 20% off sale on LA Girl at Lawtons this week. The latest hit product from the brand - the Matte Flat Finish pigment glosses - is going fast. I had to kiss a few frogs (bare displays) before I found the prince (a display that was quite fully stocked) :)

The shades I got: Dreamy, Fleur, Timeless, Rebel, Stunner, Frisky and Secret. I did want to get a good selection of colour families to swatch for you.

The applicator is smaller than the standard doe foot ones we see in most glosses, easier to follow the lip line in my case. The rounded tip and a not too long handle are precise enough. I like the slightly chubby tube too, houses more product :)

These glosses dry quite fast to a matte finish and do feel slightly tacky on. Full coverage can be achieved with layering. I won't say they are fully transfer resistant but close enough since they require some makeup remover to come off, a wet cotton pad won't do.

I hardly detect a scent on them. Once in a while I do get a whiff of some plastic-y smell but just for a quick second. Does not bother me.

Here are the 2 nudes: Dreamy and Fleur.

The pinks/ purples: Timeless (supposed to be a dupe of LC Pansy), Rebel (close to Anastasia Craft/ Sephora cream lip stain #14 Blackberry Sorbet) and Stunner.

The swatch of Stunner looks patchy because I use the tip of the applicator instead of the side. Please take note of this while layering.

The reds: Frisky (I don't need LC Red Velvet anymore) and Secret (close enough to LC Wicked).

If you want to hop on the liquid lipstick trend and do not mind matte finish, give these a try. The line has 16 shades, 0.17oz/ 5g, $5 or CAD5.99 at Lawtons (vs. LC 0.088oz/ $20, Anastasia 0.11oz/ $20 or Colour Pop 0.11oz/ $6).

Other possible dupes in the line to help with your shopping: Obsess = LC Suedeberry, Tulle = Anastasia Party Pink, Black Currant = Anastasia Potion, and Instinct = Anastasia Spicy.

2 comments:

  1. omg I love Timeless and Stunner! I hope I can find these around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they are a lot more accessible to you guys than to us Canadians :)

      Delete