Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

12/24/2014

FOTD: Monotone Purple

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) everyone!

This is not really a festive smoky-eye-red-lip look for the occasion, I realize that. But it's something out of my comfort zone that I thought a holiday would be the right time to share :)

I wanted to show you how LA Girl Glazed lip paint in Coy looks on the lips, paired with Elf smudge pot in Poppin Party for a monotone purple look. Like I said, it's not an everyday type of look.

I prepped outside the lip line with Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal transparent lip liner, then layered on Coy for colour payoff - one layer with the applicator on the tube and another layer with a lip brush.

I was only going to use Poppin Party as a base all over lid with a synthetic brush, but after blending it out with a transition shade (see below), it looked great on its own, so I only added a light inner corner colour for some contrast.

Also contributing to the monotone purple look is Wet n Wild Petal Pusher palette:
- Pink brow bone colour as highlight and inner corner
- Bronze pink eyelid as transition to blend Poppin Party upward
- A mix of bronze pink eyelid and violet crease shades as blush.

Other products I used:
- Marcelle CC cream in Golden Glow (no foundation)
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore eraser
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes full coverage concealer in Neutral Medium 
- Annabelle Smudgeliner in Vortex Violet on lower lash line
- Lise Watier Wow mascara in Black
- Annabelle InstaGlam Brow Design + Fix in Medium to Dark and Wet n Wild Color Icon brow & eye liner in Dark Brown.

I almost missed Christmas this year. Sure, the streets here have become so insanely busy with people celebrating, and certain areas of town are beautifully decorated with multi-coloured lights. However, not every family here (including mine) celebrates Christmas the same way most do in North America, so I didn't realize how close Christmas Eve was, i.e. now, at the time the post goes up!

Anyway, I hope you are spending this festive time with your loved ones. I am not doing much (catching a cold and all) but watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show with my family during dinner, and that's festive enough in my book :)

Another thing I can't afford not mentioning - the insanely large sale page on Sephora website. If you didn't see my tweet, I panicked and ordered a few things like 5 minutes before receiving the VIB Rouge 20% off code. Fun time!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I almost panicked on the Sephora sale page, but... I'm waiting to see how I feel Friday. lol (okay, I got overwhelmed and couldn't decide so I'm letting the family festivities distract me in hopes I'll get more money to spend... I'm awful)

    ReplyDelete