Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/20/2014

Yves Rocher shimmery holiday

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

The warm temperature we were blessed with last week kinda threw me off the season radar. It is back to 5 degrees today, so it's appropriate now to talk about holiday makeup :)

Yves Rocher is releasing their shimmery holiday makeup next month with some gorgeous items, with just enough sparkles to catch attention.

From top - bottom: glitter mascara in Silver, mirror-shine gloss in Sparkling Coral and eye pencils in Green and Silver.

If you remember Yves Rocher Summer collection, I raved about bold eye pencils quite a bit.

The holiday eye pencils (Silver and Green) have more sparkles, so I use them more as liners than  eyeshadows. They are softer and more iridescent than the Summer shades but still lasts quite well on my lash line.

And because they are shimmery, there are glitters left behind after removal, just a heads up.

Together, they give off a fairy look for the eyes, great for a holiday part :) The sticks are 0.11oz/ 3.25g, $5.95 each.

The glitter mascara (with blueberry extract, 0.13oz/ 4ml, $4.95), this time in Silver, still takes its time to show up on the lashes, even with multiple coats, a tad better than the Gold one from the Summer collection.

I do enjoy the small brush as I can get to the inner short/ almost invisible lashes.

The gloss in Sparkling Coral (with raspberry extract, 0.15oz/ 4.5ml, $4.95) has a clear base with beautiful pink and fuchsia glitters, bearing a nice candy scent. I still enjoy the bell shaped applicator quite a lot.

Let's get to the swatches.

I have added the eye pencils to the liner rotation, so they are definitely my favorites from this collection. Here is the holiday FOTD I did with these products.

2 comments: