Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/05/2014

NOTD: Layla Thermo Effect No7

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

A little purchase at Lawtons last weekend. I meant to post up a haul but didn't get around to it, so let's get straight to the NOTD :)

Layla nail polish is half price this week at Lawtons, and I spotted a Themo Effect display with only a few shades left (reg. $7.99 each). I grabbed 4, and I have No7 to show you today.

There seems to be 8 shades in the Thermo Effect line but like I said, I didn't see them all. No names printed on the bottles but Layla describes No7 as Bordeaux to Red transformation.

No7 is a jelly that dries with a satin finish but is still glossy, hard to describe. First coat was a little sheer and uneven, the colour was also lighter. This was 2 coats, saturated darker red.

I know now might not be the ideal time to show you a thermal nail polish, as my nails have taken quite a bit of "beating" the last week and were chopped down shorter than normal. But I couldn't wait :)

The thermal effect was most obvious on my thumb and pinky fingers, especially right after I applied a top coat or when I washed my hands with warm water.

Thermal nail polish is probably not the hottest trend in the market anymore, but I still think it is fun.

Note that No7 does not have any shimmers. The blue teal sheen you see on the nails was courtesy of CND Effects in Ice Blue Shimmer. I thought it was appropriate to layer an effect on top of another effect :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Those had a civic holiday long weekend must have been dreading this Tuesday coming back to work huh? At least the week is shorter now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment