Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/09/2014

Revlon LE Super Lustrous lipsticks

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It has been a while since I reached for Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, purely due to the size of the stash, not quality :)

I have recently acquired 2 LE shades via a US CP, fearing Canada won't get a chance to see them:
- Sultry Samba from the Rio Rush collection and
- Snow Peach from the Legacy collection, the shade from 1956.

Good news: Rio Rush collection has arrived at Shoppers with 3 of 4 shades of lipsticks available, including Sultry Samba.

No sign of Legacy collection at this point.

Here they are, Sultry Samba on the left and Snow Peach on the right.

I picked the brightest shades of course. Separately, they both look red. Next to each other, Sultry Samba shows a lot more blue and a semi matte texture, while Snow Peach looks coral red and shiny.

Pigmentation wise, Sultry Samba is not a full coverage lipstick, takes a few swipes to get to the level in the swatches below and leans toward fuchsia on. It is semi matte but comfortable to wear, not drying. I find it pair up well with Annabelle Hot Pink lip liner.

Snow Peach is slightly better, not as hard to build up, and the shade is more universal, I think. I am happy to have a piece of Revlon lipstick history to add to the summer lipstick rotation, but it is not a must have.

Swatches:

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are around $6.99 in the US (I got them for 40% off at Ulta), $9.99 at Shoppers. Here is the FOTD with Sultry Samba :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment