Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/07/2014

NOTD: Revlon Italian Leather

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

After Wild Violets, here is another Revlon shade from the (scented) Parfumerie line - Italian Leather, this time courtesy of the Revlon Select program.

Before you asked, this particular shade did not smell like leather lol, more like a sweet candy type of scent. I was surprised Revlon didn't pull off the scent of this one.

I did two coats of Italian Leather here but you can get away with one if you have enough polish on the brush :). The gold sheen on it is a little too subtle to be visible most of the time, which is a shame, but the base colour is cool enough to make up for it.

If you are wondering about the extra (green) shimmers on the ring finger, they are from Cult Nails Two Timer, one of the layering top coats from the Deceptive collection in 2012.

I know Two Timer's sheen is not the same as that of Italian Leather but I wanted to see if I can intensify the glow of Italian Leather a bit more. I only did one coat of it but think two would work better for the purpose.

Wear wise, it's not the polish's fault but I only had more than a day with it, because of all the shovelling I had to do after the snow storm. Well, I can always wear it again some time in the future.

Here is the mani up close to show you more of the green in Two Timer.

Update on availability of the Parfumerie line after my Canada vs. US post: Revlon confirmed that there will be more Limited Edition shades of Parfumerie coming in 2014. Now we can hope to match all shades the US has, and more :)

It is not a surprise that Parfumerie has been chosen as the best 2013 drugstore nail polish collection on a few big beauty blogs. It is fun and exciting! What shades have you tried from the line that you love?

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty polish. I love that shimmer. Would have been fun if it smelled like leather, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I want to smell leather in my polish, for something different lol

      Delete
  2. I haven't managed to try any of these yet--maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete