Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/15/2014

FOTD: Big Bold and SuperShock

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

How is it for a "bold" post title eh? Product names though, not my creation lol.

Here is a look I did with NYC Big Bold items I just reviewed:
- Big Bold Curl mascara in Extreme Black and
- Big Bold Plumping lip gloss in Big City Blush, used on top of a stain to add some colour to the lips.

Like I mentioned yesterday, on its own, Big City Blush only adds shine, not colour, to my lips. I wear it by itself or on top of a nude lipstick for the bus ride to work, and touch up with more colour after my morning tea.

Also featured in this look is Avon SuperShock gel eye liner pencil in Cobalt, one of the pretties dark blue liners I have. To repeat myself, it is so soft and pigmented that I only have to apply it lightly to get tons of colour.

Other products used for the look:
- Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover foundation in 123
I am still recovering from a few breakouts I "earned" during vacation, thought a good coverage foundation would do me good :)
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes full coverage concealer in Neutral Medium
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tenacious Teal as base
- Marcelle Spring 2013 makeup palette (the one with 9 eyeshadows, 2 blushes and a highlighter, no specific name) - I used 2 shades of blue for the eyes, the white eyeshadow on the brow bone, and the peach blush for the cheeks.
Avon Cobalt fits right in the blue theme of things, but I am also known for wearing a random colour on my lower lash line too :)
- Avon Ultra Luxury brow liner in Dark Brown.

The lighting was quite forgiving in these shots, I was thankful for a bit of sunshine I got that day.

Been a bit under the weather and lost some sleep over crazy wind on Saturday and last night. Count me cranky! One positive thing is Squirt and I were productive in the weekend, putting together 2 Alex's, a dining set and 3 bar stools lol.

Shopping wise, I did make it to Victoria's Secret sale for a few makeup items and fragrance sets (65 - 75% off). Check it out if you haven't already. Also pulled some online purchases for clothes, resisted a Skindinavia order because they cancelled the discount code (good for my wallet then!).

And... my new US CP package is on its way, with items from QVC (It Cosmetics) and drugstores. I am super excited!

2 comments:

  1. http://youtu.be/cu6pclWsxzs
    Thank you for smiling more and more in your blog posts :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for the song. I can definitely smile when the pics turn out ok to post lol

      Delete