Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/25/2013

FOTDs: Essence Sun Kissed

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Sun Kissed face time :)

To follow up with the review of Essence Sun Kissed collection yesterday, I have some looks for you.

Look #1 with the two Soft Touch eyeshadows My Sunny Side and Sunset Paradise, and the Soak up the Sun lipstick.

I did use a cream eyeshadow as base, and built up the colours quite a bit with another darker blue eyeshadow. No base on the lips though, just three swipes of the lipstick. A good MLBB summer colour.

The foundation looked blotchy at certain areas cause the new foundation I was testing out didn't agree with my brush of choice - EcoTools Face & Body Sculpting brush, which lead me to the second run below.

Look #2 with the lipstick and cheek tint with the same name - Hello Summer!.

The lipstick showed no colour on me, so I brought more colours to the lids using Essence 3D eyeshadows in Irresistible Chocolates and Irresistible Caramel Cream.

The Hello Summer! cheek tint had good colour payoff. I started out with the tiniest amount, made about 2-3 dots on each cheek and blended, finished it off with a setting powder to make the tint look more natural.

I liked the idea of jelly blushes but they stained my finger during application. Would they stain your brush too if you use one? I am testing out another jelly blush with a sponge applicator attached, we'll see how that works :)

See the tint after all blended out and set? Subtle and no crazy red.

About the foundation I mentioned, it was CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation SPF20, in my shade 957 Golden Tan.

Yes I heard everybody loved it, but I don't know if it is a summer foundation for me. It worked better with a denser foundation brush (I used Sigma F82 Round top kabuki brush in this look), and I need at least two coats to see some kind of coverage. Both things I don't want to do during hot summer days.

I have no complain about its staying power, so I'd say this is still a good foundation to have, but I'll save it for colder months or night time. Do you have better experience with this foundation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment