Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/19/2012

SOPI Tinsel Town Collectors Set

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

There is a Holiday Blockbuster collection called Sephora by OPI Tinsel Town Collectors Set that could make a nail polish fanatic go "ohhhh"...

The set has 16 mini bottles (0.125oz/ 3.75ml) of Sephora by OPI’s best selling colours, plus a full-size Only Gold For Me top coat (0.5oz/ 15ml), retails CAD59 at Sephora.

I'm not normally for minis but these are great for travelling, and the gold top coat is just the perfect icing on the cake.

The shade names are printed on the box, below each shade, but not on the bottles themselves, so I will keep them in the packaging to keep track of names.

Please follow along as I swatch the shades (first two below). I'll keep the master list and add the direct links to the names for easy reference as well.

First row, from L-R:
- I'm Wired (opaque electric coral red)
- Already Famous (sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter)
- A True Romantic (sheer cool light pink)
- What Aura Gonna Wear? (opaque hot pink)
- And a Cherry On Top (opaque vivid maraschino)
- S-Age Is Just A Number (opaque chrome gold with two tone effect)
- I Think I Cayenne (opaque metallic red-orange), and
- Read My Palm (opaque light jade green).

Second row:
- Justa' Pinch of Glitter (opaque charcoal fine glitter with chunky silver glitter) - see below
- Just a Little Dangerous (opaque metallic amethyst)
- I Don't Bite (opaque soft purple with fine holographic glitter)
- Thyme For a Mani (opaque light khaki)
- Meet Me At the Disco (clear with medium silver and iridescent glitter)
- Leotard Optional (opaque mocha beige)
- Merry Me (opaque red with micro red glitter), and
- Break a Leg Warmer! (opaque charcoal gray) - see below.

To get the ball rolling, I'll start with two shades first :)

The base colour is Break a Leg Warmer!. Gotta give the cute name some credit here, I smiled when I saw it :) As described above, it is a charcoal gray and a one coater. I was impressed with the pigmentation.

Even though the small bottle (only quarter a size of a full sized one) and small brush require extra work and time to cover all nails, but I wouldn't mind doing it when the colour is opaque in one coat.

The mini bottle is kinda cute, but when you find a good shade, you start worrying that it would run out too quickly lol.

The glitter top coat (on my middle finger and pinky) is Justa' Pinch of Glitter. I couldn't help pairing it with Break a Leg Warmer! because of the same charcoal base they both have.

The silver glitters definitely stand out on this base colour. After one coat of the top coat, it still feels a little grainy, so double up the top coat if that bothers you. I didn't.

It is interesting that Sephora by OPI included a grey colour in this holiday set, as it is not as bright and fun as others. But I do think it would pair well with your festive outfits, and can be jazzed up with a glitter like I did here.

Stay tuned for more swatches of other colours in the set, especially the gold top coat :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment