Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/01/2012

More nail polish!

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It had rained all weekend. I was splashed by a car while walking on the sidewalk, wet from head to toe (and no, the driver did not stop to apologize)! But good news, more pretty nail polish came to my life :)

I came across some kijiji postings last week. The nail polish were separated by brands and listed by full names. First thought came to mind: who in this neck of the wood has serious addiction like me? lol

Turned out, it was fellow blogger Beauty Obsessed whom I met at Sephora launch party last year. I was excited to meet up with her and grab some nail polish off her hands.

Using her categories, here are the drugstore nail polish I got:

First row: Joe Fresh Navy, Moss and Gunmetal
Second row:
- Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure (yep, backup)
- Del Sol Girls Night Out
- LA Colors Wired and
- Essence Get the Fever.

Salon brands and higher end nail polish:

First row:
- OPI Yodel Me On My Cell
- Orly Goth
- China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard and Hi-Tek
- MAC Dark Angel
Second row:
- Zoya Arizona and Yara
- Essie Pretty Edgy and Queen of Hearts
- Lise Watier Violet Dore (another backup), and
- American Apparel Peacock.

These are the most exciting shades cause they are from brands I haven't owned before:
- Deborah Lippmann Nefertiti and Satin Doll
- Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant
- Soulstice Spa Milan and
- A-England King Arthur.

Do we agree that I totally found a treasure here? New shades or backups, I'm smitten with all of them. I'm thankful to have these in my possession, they will be very well loved. You'll see them in future NOTD posts.

While browsing Forever 21 extra 50% off clearance sale, I found some nail polish. They are CAD3.80 normally, I paid 50 cents each.

From L-R: Blue/Green, Teal, Turquoise and Purple/Multi.

The names aren't particularly inspiring, but the colours are pretty cool with either slight duochrome effects or fine glitters - both are what I can't get enough of.

Since we won't have a F21 store until next Spring, I figure it was ok to grab some stuff off their site for now :)

And lastly, I tweeted about Sally extra 50% off clearance two weekends ago. Here is what I left the store with that day.

First row are the Orly Flash Glam Fx Mermaid Tale, Be Brave and Sashay My Way, red tagged for $6.99 (before the 50% off).

Second row: Orly Synchro, Shockwave and Decoded (Electronica collection), $4.99 before discount. Sad that I missed Preamp, the last shade of the collection.

The lonely China Glaze in the pic was Elephant Walk, $3.29 on the red tag. This is the only shade I own from the On Safari collection.

Did you do anything fun in the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Did it EVER rain this weekend. I didn't leave my apartment much. Great find on Kijiji! I browse here and there but never found anything, you made out fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough, we had a lot of running around in the weekend, not a good time :( And thanks, I was just lucky

      Delete