Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/29/2011

Marcelle skin care products

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

One of the Canadian brands that is closer to my heart is Marcelle. Since the day the AC Solution line came to my life, I always have a soft spot for Marcelle skin care. And I certainly found gems :)

First off, Marcelle Essentials Soothing Cleansing Water. If you haven't heard enough about this product from blogs, I'm telling you again - It is one of the best makeup removers I have tried.

Same concept with micellar liquid, this cleansing water cleans your face and removes your makeup at the same time. And you don't have to rinse afterward. It is very gentle, doesn't strip moisture off your skin or irritates it.

The best thing is it works so well on waterproof mascaras and liners, I didn't wake up with raccoon eyes in the morning. And it does not hurt my eyes if I happen to put a little too much on the cotton pad.

And did I say it is priced very reasonably, around CAD14 for 200ml/ 3.7 oz, widely available at Shoppers. I just wish many more people know how great this product is, and I'm not saying this because I was sent the product. I had gone ahead and got a few backups when Marcelle is on sale, just to make sure I have it when I need it.

Main ingredients: Water, PEG-6 Caprylic Glycerides, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract, etc.

Another cleanser that I like, Marcelle Essentials Foaming Cleansing Gel. Now this one is different, as it is a gel that changes to foam once rubbed on the face. I like both consistencies, as gel is easier to manage around the face and foam adds more fun into the cleansing work.

It is simple, and it works. I don't remove my makeup before I wash my face (except for eye makeup, as I don't like rubbing eyeshadow all over my face when cleansing), so a good cleanser to me has to do a good job in getting rid of not only impurities but makeup as well. So when I say it's a good one, it is a heavy-duty good one. Doesn't dry me out or do any nasty thing to my face.

The cleanser is biodegradable and soap, oil, alcohol, paraben and sulphate free, the ingredients are 100% natural and is safe for the environment. Sounds good?

The bottle is 170ml/ 6.2 oz, retails about CAD14.50.

Main ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Panthenol, etc.

I have been using Marcelle Revival Firming + Brightening Cream Serum religiously too.

Now some of you might be yelling at me and telling me the Revival line is not for my age, you are right. They are meant for women in their fifties with menopause or post-menopause (found this out from Marcelle website, lol). My thought was if it works for that age range, it should work for my age range (mid thirties), as long as I find it not too think/ too much for my skin, which it is not.

The texture of this product is quite interesting. It looks like a regular lotion out of the pump but absorbs really quickly - like a serum, with a thicker consistency of a cream. It sure did some tightening work on my face all right, I love how my face feel in the morning. Not the tightness you sometimes feel with a strong cleanser, it's the tightness of good (or young) skin. And the brightening part? My face is about half a shade lighter, approaching summer. The change is not very noticeable though until you find the foundation you have been using is now a little darker on your face. Brighten is not my main concern, so as long as the tightening aspect works, I'm giving this cream serum an A.

Price point for this product (or the whole Revival line) is a little higher than other lines, but is not outrageous or anything. It is approximately CAD35 for 50ml/ 1.6 oz.

Main ingredients: Water, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Glycerin, Glycin Soja (Soybean) Protein, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, etc.


And lastly, Marcelle 1st Wrinkles Eye Contour Cream. Yes, I am still using this eye cream since my review last year. I did not use it constantly, as I was always testing something else, but I always come back to it, knowing it is a great one to have. And yes, I have bought backups of this too, don't want to be without it anytime soon.

Marcelle has quite a number of product lines, there's something for everyone. We Canadians are lucky to have this brand within our (drugstore) reach.

Hope you all (Canadian or not) enjoy my little Canada Day series so far. It has been quite a struggle lately for me to post (lack of time and concentration) but I want to complete the series as intended, and commit to daily posts as usual. Stay tuned for more :)

How have you been enjoying the first few days of summer? I couldn't wait till the real summer weather gets here to wear pretty clothes. I probably don't even need to do any shopping this year, as the summer was so short last year that I didn't wear all the clothes I bought then lol. And Squirt needs a new bike, so she did grow a little. She's so tiny that I sometimes thought she would not get any bigger than this :) Have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Great post - I am curious to try the cleanser. Anything that doesn't dry my already dry skin out is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooove the Cleansing Water! It simply works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your look you are so beautiful soory i wasn't able to answer you beacause i've got a problem with blogger i haven't received my prize yet but don't worry i will send you a message when i will receive it you know the strike . by the way i know that you have already this award but a second one why not ? http://beautycombat.blogspot.com/2011/06/stylish-blogger-award.html
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. J, the cleanser is simply great, no big bells and whistles but it works

    Gaby, we can totally agree on that :)

    Beauty Combat, thanks for the sweet comment and the award :) Hope the prize gets to you soon, I still wait for some packages myself

    ReplyDelete